Sunday, September 7, 2008

Enjoying the garden!




In spite of planting my garden late this year, I've enjoyed lots of produce- much more than I can handle! My zuchini, squash, and peppers went crazy. Froze lots of beans and zuchini, and made lots of salsa, green chili, jam etc. Had fun with the grapes this year- made lots of raisins and juice. It kept me plenty busy, but it was fun to have Gracie right there with me. She learned where to step and what to pick and not to pick, and what were weeds etc. The dogs even enjoyed their share of grapes and tomatoes! Some of my peppers were so hot that I burned my hands so badly. Even bleach and rubbing alcohol didn't work. I had to go to bed with cold rags on my hands and take Benadryl. I think I finally found peppers hot enough for Kirk!

No comments: