Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The end of a week of vacation at home!

Tomorrow marks the end of a week of vacation for me, at home, without most of my family! Kirk and Joey are ending their trip to Japan and Thailand, Gracie is in Colorado Springs with my mom and 3 sisters and many cousins, and Wade is here, but is in and out alot! So, needless to say, those who know me, know that "vacation" for me doesn't mean lots of sitting around reading books and relaxing! Nope. It means lots of biking, running, working out and working on the house and staying up late! I've tackled many projects that just can't be done with a 3 year old around. I've painted a few walls, put up pictures (yes it took me over a year), deep cleaned, put up some Christmas things, gone through Gracie's toys and clothes, .......... I also have had some great times of spontaneous worship and prayer and fasting.

Kirk and Joey have had a great time on their missions trip. It has been grueling and intense at times, but they've seen the power of God move in great ways. They are both a little sick as they fly home and are ready to be home.

Gracie has had a vacation of her own. The cousins are fighting over how to divide the time with her- they all have to have even amount of time! She has had a blast there- I also took down her crib and put up a toddler bed for her and re-arranged her room. She'll be so surprised, but we had talked about getting a bed when daddy comes home. She had started to wake up, crawl out of her crib, turn on the light, then go back in her crib until I came to get her! One time she made a huge mess of her room and got into trouble, so hasn't done that again!

Dad will be happy to have many shirts ironed when he gets home and JOey will be surprised to see a new home-school area for him!

So, thanks to wonderful family, I've so enjoyed and needed this time. But, I am excited to see my whole family tomorrow night!

We'll stay here for THanksgiving - help serve a meal at a school with our church and go to dinner with Chelsea's family.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

No comments: