Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update from last weekend

We had a fantastic weekend highlighting the "Plight of the Orphan". We had over 125 people fill out response cards that they wanted to be involved in some way with orphans. Over 50 families came forward to be prayed over, as they sensed God moving them to adopt! Wow! We also raised $17,000 for seed money for the adoption assistance fund. There were some awesome videos shown of testimonials of people in our church who have adopted- it was a very moving service. Kirk shared our story of Gracie- he barely made it through the first service- I thought I may have to go up and finish his sermon!

So, now the work really begins for our Miracle 1:27 Adoption Team. We've got monthly adoption support meetings planned, planning a trip to Haiti in the summer for an outreach to the orphanage, setting up people to help mentor those wanting to adopt, working with Project 127 to help with foster care, and finding out what the needs are here locally for material supplies and clothing for foster kids and group homes. I think I'm working myself into a job again! I have never been able just to be at home, without having some involvement in the church, community, or schools.

But, this has truly been a time for me of feeling like I've found my purpose here in Grand Junction. It's taken 15 months for me to final settle into being here. For the first time, I can actually say that I am enjoying being here and that Canyon View is my church. That is a big deal for me! I could have never envisioned what God had planned for an adoption ministry here, much less my involvement in it! I tell Gracie it's all HER fault- ha!

Now Kirk thinks that I should start my own adoption agency! Boy, he sure is a man of vision huh! Don't know about that one.

No comments: